I downloaded the bill’s text (don’t forget, Thomas.gov is now Congress.gov – the old links don’t work). Some of the provisions are very interesting:
- 4 Members of the Commission “shall be survivors of online child sexual exploitation, or have current experience in providing services for victims of online child sexual exploitation in a nongovernmental capacity;
- In other words, there will be FOUR members that either ‘out’ themselves as a sexual abuse survivor, or have worked for an NGO (is there ANY doubt in your mind that those will be Leftist NGOs?)
- 2 Members “shall have current experience in matters related to consumer protection, civil liberties, civil rights, or privacy;” (and, we all know that the experience of non-Leftists will not be accepted as valid)
- 2 “shall have current experience in addressing online child sexual exploitation and promoting child safety at an interactive computer service with not less than 30,000,000 monthly users in the United States;” (am I wrong in thinking that those numbers are tailored to making sure that the FAANGs will be part of this?)
- And, if somehow the Commission gets “stuck” with non-Leftists (residual members, oddball appointments), never fear, there is a solution!
- “QUORUM.—A majority of the members of the Commission shall constitute a quorum, but a lesser number of members may hold a meeting.” So, just don’t invite those NLDs to the meeting!
- They will, should this pass, also amend other legislation already passed – “HOMELAND SECURITY ACT OF 2002.—The Homeland Security Act of 2002 (6 U.S.C. 101 et seq.) is amended— (A) in section 307(b)(3)(D) (6 U.S.C. 187(b)(3)(D)), by striking ‘‘child pornography’’ and inserting ‘‘child sexual abuse material’’;
- Other legislation that would be amended include:
- Immigration and Nationality Act
- Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
- Broadband Data Improvement Act
- CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
- Title 18, United States Code
- Tariff Act of 1930
- Elementary and Secondary Act of 1965
- Museum and Library Services Act
- Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968
- Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974
- Victims of Crime Act of 1984
- Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990
- Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006
- Protect Our Children Act of 2008
- Social Security Act
- Privacy Protection Act of 1980
- Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990
- Communication Act of 1934
- Adds an Amendment to Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- “EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this section to title 18 of the United States Code shall apply to conduct that occurred before, on, or after the date of enactment of this Act.” Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that SPECIFICALLY prohibited by the Constitution?
- The bill makes sections of it severable – that is, if one part is held to be unconstitutional, all other parts of it will survive. That’s a common provision of these “Comprehensive” bills; they ask for the moon, and eventually, settle for most.
So, what does “Sexual Child Abuse Material” mean?
AMAZINGLY, they do NOT define what that offence IS. Which would lead a suspicious person to conclude that they intend to classify online discussion and opposition of medical treatment of children for “TRANSformation”, childhood sexualized activities promoted by the Left, pedophilia promotion, abortion services and other vile activities of the Batshit Crazy Left, as fitting under this definition, if not following the Leftist Line. In other words, if you OPPOSE sexualizing children, YOU are the offender.
The Sponsor is Rep. Sylvia Garcia – (D-TX). Co-Sponsors include Rep. Ann Wagner – (R-MO), Rep. Tom Rice – (R-SC), and Rep. Byron Donalds – (R-FL). I’ve included their links, so you can express your displeasure personally. If you would also contact other legislators from that state, and ask for their assistance in delivering a B!tch-Slap to those members, that would be great.