I shouldn’t find this all that shocking at this stage of the game, I know.
I shan’t excerpt it here. If even 10% of the claims made in the prisoners’ letter are true, this constitutes an outrage unworthy of any nation – and over what’s at worst a misdemeanor trespassing offense. But there’s a larger point to be made, and there are other data to be added to the array in support thereof:
- Democrat rhetoric condemning the MAGA movement in particular and the Republican Party in general as “fascists” and “a threat to democracy.”
- Ongoing pressure on social media and financial institutions to “cancel” prominent persons in the Right.
- Raids by heavily armed FBI squads on the homes of pro-life organizers and spokesmen.
- Surprise visits by ATF agents to the homes of gun purchasers.
- “Blue” states’ defiance of recent SCOTUS decisions.
- The USDA’s “Register Your Garden” campaign.
I’m sure there are more data to be added to the above, but those will do for starters.
At base, it’s an intimidation campaign. The Usurpers want us in the Right to fear them: Oppose us too visibly or vocally, and we will make you suffer. And despite our numbers and their transparent intent, it’s having an effect.
What can a narrow-gauge commentator usefully say about it? “Don’t be intimidated” — ? It’s a laudable stance, but many in the Right have a lot to lose. Some very prominent Republicans and Trump associates have already lost heavily. Few of us are utterly invulnerable to the Regime.
I have this fantasy of a mass raid by American patriots on the DC Bastille, freeing the imprisoned and declaring that the end of the Regime’s Reign of Terror is here. Either it will end at once, or the Usurpers will face the severest imaginable retribution, from the top all the way down to the lowest third assistant gopher. But it’s uncertain that there are enough patriots, with enough steel in their spines, to take the risks involved with open eyes and stern hearts.
I am certain of this: Unless the intimidation campaign is shattered by patriotic counteraction, it will continue to intensify, and the Usurpers’ grip on the nation will tighten. Beyond that, I cannot say.
Apologies for the depressing thoughts. Perhaps I’ll have something cheerier to say later.