On one hand, this SHOULD kill the Left as a viable party.
But, let’s be serious – the Left will manage to find a way to blame US for it happening.
If you don’t already:
- Get a decent generator, preferably one that could be converted to steam/alternative energy. I make no claims about this link’s usefulness, but it’s a start.
- Buy some solar panels, in a variety of sizes. I’m looking to get this briefcase-sized one, for emergencies/bug-out bag. It’s not big enough to run your home’s needs, but it could provide short-term backup. Otherwise, you’ll want at least 2 100-watt panels. Find out to hook them up in a way that doesn’t require a permanent rooftop installation. The link to RV hookup sounds interesting. Get an electrician to assist you, if you’re not that handy (but, make sure you understand the process, should you have to do it again at a new place).
- Keep a portable car-starter/backup electricity source available – these are multi-purpose, and, yes, I have tested them out. They work as advertised, and will run your amateur radio, as well. Get one that can handle 12-volt needs. The others won’t cut it in emergencies. And, keep them fully charged, when you DO have power.
- Buy the GMRS radios – get a 2-4 pack – you will want to be able to hand them out to trusted close-by friends and neighbors. Talk to your neighborhood association about buying some, and using them in neighborhood patrols/practice. Normally, I don’t like giving Walmart my money, but having a local source is important, too.
- For those with children, strongly consider taking them into homeschool mode. It’s safer for the whole family, and it gives you the opportunity to teach them useful skills.